PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my monitor when booting knoppix?

Hedgehogsforprez
06-27-2003, 10:19 PM
I Just downloaded knoppix and burned with nero. It boots into the cd and finishes loading drivers for my Hardware and when it goes to the next screen the monitor acts like the refresh rate is too high and it shuts off....what would cause this and how can I fix it. Thanks!

Hedgehogsforprez
06-27-2003, 10:30 PM
Just as a note I tried to go in and use some of those cheat sheet codes and none of them worked:

knoppix xvrefresh=60 doesn't work ( And my monitor supports 85htz at 1152x864 )

Help?

Stephen
06-27-2003, 11:13 PM
Try knoppix vga=normal or noddc to stop auto-detection of the monitor. You may want to try one of the fb images like fb1024x768 and of course there is always failsafe which will boot with minimal hardware detection. Maybe even knoppix vga=normal screen=1152x864 xvrefresh=85 also you never mentioned your video card you may want to use the xmodule=?? cheat code for the card replace ?? with the correct module name eg. nv (Nvidia), ati (ATI)

Hedgehogsforprez
06-28-2003, 02:07 AM
Thanks a lot!!! I will go try it right now.

BTW I have a Gforce FX @ 290/405..only gets 5586 on 3dmark2001 :( Wish I would have held out for the 5600 ultra which is now at 160$ :(

Hedgehogsforprez
06-28-2003, 03:44 AM
Hrmm, even failsafe didn't work??? Still acting like its too high of a refresh rate except this time flashing with color

logiker
07-10-2003, 04:31 PM
I got the same problem and still didn't find any working knoppix cheat code. Did you solve the problem yet???

Hedgehogsforprez
07-10-2003, 04:35 PM
Nope, I just gave up.

Loper
07-10-2003, 09:05 PM
I Just downloaded knoppix and burned with nero. It boots into the cd and finishes loading drivers for my Hardware and when it goes to the next screen the monitor acts like the refresh rate is too high and it shuts off... what would cause this and how can I fix it?
Which video adapter (graphics card) do you have? Which monitor? have you tried the [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[keypad +] on-the-fly resolution-switch function after boot?
Also:

In addition to the above suggestions you could try the noddc cheat code to stop auto-detection of the monitor -- some monitors have a problem with that which causes them to blank (out) and that may be happening here.

I missed this message earlier, or I would have responded then...

rdoma219
07-11-2003, 12:12 AM
Which monitor? have you tried the [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[keypad +] on-the-fly resolution-switch function after boot?

:shock: I had this problem also and I tried the [ctrl] [alt] [+] and it worked!

logiker
07-11-2003, 06:27 AM
[ctrl] [alt] [+] worked for me too, but I got a horrible bad resolution. This way I could find out, that my gfx card wasn't detected correctly. Starting with the cheat code xmodule=radeon it looks much better... :)