PDA

View Full Version : boot-floppy trauma

neotheonlyone
06-28-2003, 04:00 PM
to get a bootable version of knoppix on my second hdd i copied all the files from my cd-rom to the hdd then created a bootable floppy everything worked fine then i attempted to boot from the floppy but instead of looking on my hdd for the files it automatically looks for them on the cd-rom. the hdd has been set to primary master and does not have any other opp sys on it can anyone tell me how to create a boot floppy to search for the files on the hda drive and not the cd-rom.

well i figured out how to fix this problem if you disconet your cd-rom drive the boot disk seaches the other drives and hay presto it boots.

Dave_Bechtel
06-28-2003, 07:54 PM
o You don't have to disconnect the cdrom drive, just take the Knoppix CD out. ;-)

o You don't need to copy the entire CD contents to HD, just copy cdrom:\knoppix\knoppix to c:\knoppix\knoppix.

to get a bootable version of knoppix on my second hdd i copied all the files from my cd-rom to the hdd then created a bootable floppy everything worked fine then i attempted to boot from the floppy but instead of looking on my hdd for the files it automatically looks for them on the cd-rom. the hdd has been set to primary master and does not have any other opp sys on it can anyone tell me how to create a boot floppy to search for the files on the hda drive and not the cd-rom.

well i figured out how to fix this problem if you disconet your cd-rom drive the boot disk seaches the other drives and hay presto it boots.

neotheonlyone
06-29-2003, 02:48 PM
thank you now i can use my cdrom...