PDA

View Full Version : Floppyconfig

Boffy655
06-29-2003, 11:23 AM
I am using knoppix for the first time and I have been having great trouble getting the config reloaded from a floppy disk. The problem appears to be that when i save the config it is not doing so. A knoppix.sh and configs.tbz file are created but inside the configs.tbz file is a file called content but it has not coding in it whatsoever. Is it possible for me to code the config myself and if so could someone please advise me how to and if there are any websites offering advice on this topic. Thanks in advance.

Boffy
:(

favar
07-08-2003, 05:03 AM
I too have the same problem, myconfig loaded to a floppy simply does not happen. This is a major shortcoming of the distribution as one must
go thru the whole configuration process on every login. This appears
to be a major glitch, in that the knoppix configuration save doesn't happen. One ends up with a config file of 460B, obviously not what is needed. The posting Boffy 6555 has been here for some time now without any reponse, leaving me to worry about our support credibility. Help, please, the future of this OS depends on full support offered immediatly and accurately.
Cheers. .......favar