PDA

View Full Version : PCI Netgear wireless card. MA311 H...E...L...P!!!!!!

manjo
06-30-2003, 08:22 PM
I installed knoppix 2.3 06-06 version, it recognized my PCI MA311 wireless card, but it couldint set up network connection. I have 2 laptop with orinico PCMCIA wire less cards and they work fine. My access point is RG1000 (lucent piece of sh** ), its AP and a gateway.

I noitced a few strange things, the driver that knoppix loads are the orinoco and orinoco_pci drivers for my MA311 PCI card! I was under the impression that these cards are prism II cards, so I tried to manually load the prism2_pci driver, but it fails saying ":no device"

Strangely I was messing with it and somehow my card started to make connection with the internet, but this luck went away once I rebooted the machine. Now I am back to square one.

The situation is such:
1. all drivers orinoco_XXX are loaded and it is marked as used., and p80211 is also loaded.
2. no prism_XXX drivers are loaded (this is confusing to me )
3. I used wlcardconfig to configure the card, the only parameters I used were SSID=3ab190 and KEY = s:ab190 (these happen to work for my PCMCIA cards on my laptop)
4. ifconfig eth0 up brings up the wireless interface, RX:0 TX:18000, its transmitting packets but receivein none.
5. I edited /etc/network/interfaces and added the entry for the wireless interface.

Should I modify something on my lousy Lucent router so that my PCI card will work, or have I missed something with the Wireless setup on my desktop?? I have downloaded the JAVA client for my RG1000 but have no clue what set up on it.

Any help is DEEPLY appriciated

brittas
08-12-2003, 06:53 PM
I was experiencing the same problems with the MA311, finally after basic troubleshooting it works great, if you are still having problems let me know.

manjo
08-13-2003, 12:20 AM
After some sleepless nights it works kinda! basicly I have to do a iwlconfig each time I boot and then run pump, I havint figured a permanenet solution yet. If you have any suggestions pls let me know. It will be also be a good reference for somone who might run into the same problem.