PDA

View Full Version : Can't boot to CD. HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

g_virus
01-10-2003, 04:52 AM
thiz iz sort of a repete post, but i am having trouble booting into knoppix, i burn a cd with the iso file on it, i even try making bootable cd with the iso on it, but it still wont work, i am using nero 5, if you can, plese im me, i am usuallly on b-tween 5-9pm eastern

aim: gvirus1337
yahoo: g_virus1337
msn: g_virus@msn.com

01-10-2003, 05:13 AM
thiz iz sort of a repete post, but i am having trouble booting into knoppix, i burn a cd with the iso file on it, i even try making bootable cd with the iso on it, but it still wont work, i am using nero 5, if you can, plese im me, i am usuallly on b-tween 5-9pm eastern

aim: gvirus1337
yahoo: g_virus1337
msn: g_virus@msn.com

Create a floppy boot disk. The best way to do this is put the CD in the drive under another operating system. Then change directories on the cd to KNOPPIX. Then put a blank floppy in the drive. Run the program, mkfloppy.bat. This will create the boot floppy. Restart. Then make sure that you have set your bios to boot from the floppy drive first. This should get you started.

stonent
01-10-2003, 05:30 AM
Are you saying you copied the iso on to the cd or burned the iso image on to the cd?

aay
01-10-2003, 06:00 AM
yeah the file is alredy in the iso format. make sure nero doesn't make any changes to it and make sure that in your bios your computer is set to boot from the cd before your hard drive.

Flibble
01-10-2003, 08:38 AM
Remember to check the md5sum against the ublished one for your ISO.

Flibble
01-10-2003, 08:39 AM
Umm... I've just nipped out for a P.

ublished?

juzPace
01-10-2003, 06:55 PM
Make sure you click on File and select the 'Burn Image' option in Nero. If you just burn the .iso file to nero then it will just copy the .iso file on to the CD. When you select the burn image option then it knows that it needs to make an image of the .iso onto the CD. Hope this helps.

PACE

audioaficionado
01-11-2003, 12:13 AM
The ISO image is just an image the cd burner software uses to recreate an exact sector for sector copy of the original master cd. You can't boot or use the image to run a program. You'll have to first burn the image to a cd-r (recreating the original file system) before you can use it.

g_virus
01-11-2003, 07:37 PM
thanx all, i finnally got it 2 workm, i went 2 file>burn image, then it worked
thank u
thank u
thank u
thank u
thank u
thank u
thank u
thank u
thank u