PDA

View Full Version : Internal (nonWin)Modem not detected after HD install

josete
07-01-2003, 10:47 PM
Well, I have installed Quantian 0.3 (because of the package), and while it worked fine for a couple of days, the ISA PNP internal modem stopped working. It is detected fine if I start from the CD (I am using it to write this), but for some reason, on the hard disk installation, it is not available.

I haven't changed anything (same kernel and all), and it worked for a while :D, so I understand that there's nothing wrong with the modem and/or set-up that I am aware of. The harddisk installation HOWTO doesn't mention any special care, and looking at the system, I can't see where the isapnp modem is configured.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

josete
07-01-2003, 11:29 PM
Hmmm, me again :) I have realised that wvdial and pppconfig were available. I have tried both, and both detect my modem as hanging from /dev/ttyS2, as expected. I only have problems with the detection using kppp, which points to /dev/ttyS2 as the serial port to use. The relevant bit of /etc/sysconfig/hwconf is:

class: UNSPEC
bus: ISAPNP
detached: 0
driver: unknown
desc: "SupraExpress 56i Sp Intl:Unknown"
deviceId: SUP2171
pdeviceId: SUP2171
compat: SUP2040
native: 0
active: 1
cardnum: 0
logdev: 0
io: 0x3e8
irq: 4
dma: 0,0

Could it be something related to the kppp configuration and/or permissions? I can't recall changing anything...