PDA

View Full Version : [OK]what is openoffice-de-en

ebdomino
07-03-2003, 06:05 PM
I have a problem with open office (i use knoppix3.2 28/04/2003), so i tried to repaired it from the setup program but it was in english (i'm french), and i can't find how to translate. i decided to remove openoffice from the setup prog and to install it by apt-get install openoffice.org. It works so fine, but i have a conflict with openoffice-de-en (about .xnl files), (for repair it i use :
dpkg -i --force overwrite openoffice.org_1.0.3-2_all.deb) and it works.

So i have a look in kpackage and i see the package openoffice-de-en who takes 240mb! can i uninstall it?

thanks for your answer

bye eb

Stephen
07-03-2003, 06:23 PM
I have a problem with open office (i use knoppix3.2 28/04/2003), so i tried to repaired it from the setup program but it was in english (i'm french), and i can't find how to translate. i decided to remove openoffice from the setup prog and to install it by apt-get install openoffice.org. It works so fine, but i have a conflict with openoffice-de-en (about .xnl files), (for repair it i use :
dpkg -i --force overwrite openoffice.org_1.0.3-2_all.deb) and it works.

So i have a look in kpackage and i see the package openoffice-de-en who takes 240mb! can i uninstall it?

thanks for your answer

bye eb

It is the English version of the German edition of open office and yes you can uninstall it. As root in a console apt-get --purge openoffice-de-en will remove the program and it's configuration files remove the --purge if you wish to leave the config files.

ebdomino
07-04-2003, 07:02 AM
Ok, thanks, but what the matter for the new openoffice install i made? (with apt-get install openoffice.org)

Stephen
07-04-2003, 07:17 AM
Ok, thanks, but what the matter for the new openoffice install i made? (with apt-get install openoffice.org)

It is more than likely conflicting with the other install that you have of the original openoffice-de-en you may have to remove them both and re-install the one you want.

ebdomino
07-04-2003, 10:49 AM
ok, it'good forme.

i made : apt-get remove openoffice-de-en and the other install work so fine.

bye