PDA

View Full Version : Wishlist for DVD-release

eck
07-05-2003, 06:59 PM
Howha,

It would be nice to combine a few other knoppix-distributions in a DVD-release.
For example the clusterKnoppix as an other kernel-option at boottime.
Or the knoppix-std security-distribution with firewall-tools, Intrusion-Detection-System, forensic-tools, dsniff and so on. This would be especially perfect for the BSI-knoppix-DVD-release ;)

Cheerio,
eck

johndough
07-08-2003, 10:09 AM
hi

i would like a full dvd version, with the missing factor for the public release cd, which is passwords for root etc.

after that i am certain the content will be full and varied to suit most people. asking for ease of use with a knoppix distro is rather unnecessary, as it is a given.

mabhatter
07-24-2003, 03:57 AM
Rolling a DVD with multiple smaller sections would be much better. It should have the normal goodness in a CD size package, along with smaller special purpose setups [open mosix, firewall, terminal server, web server, etc..] using the Morphix tools they could be dynamically loadable at boot--no change for a normal user, but extra options for pros!

I really think he should focus on seperating the core and the apps---build a stable core that other people can append with custom app packages rather than trying to be everyting all at once.

Sigmatador
08-07-2003, 08:20 AM
"Merge clusterKnoppix and knoppix-std in the DVD-Release?" YES, and knoppix-MIB too plz ^^