PDA

View Full Version : iPAQ haldheld

NetCon
07-06-2003, 03:59 PM
I already use iPAQ handheld, but unfortunatelly it works under Microsoft OS, I use it with Compaq Presario, to synchronise e-mail, files etc ( Win XP OS). That somebody have an synch. programm under any Linux OS ?
This is one thing to stop me for using Linux permanently with my notebook, and desktop.
iPAQ works under Microsoft Embeeded Windows OS :-(
is that possible to synchronise in with Linux OS without replacing current OS ? it is crucial, because when I replace this OS, probably my warranty will be lost, (OS is saved in PROM).

rickenbacherus
07-07-2003, 02:03 AM
I already use iPAQ handheld, but unfortunatelly it works under Microsoft OS,

It runs M$ because you haven't gotten around to installing Linux (http://mstempin.free.fr/linux-ipaq/) on it yet you slacker!! :wink:
Here's yet another page (http://www.ipaqlinux.com/) about Linux on an ipaq.

I use it with Compaq Presario, to synchronise e-mail, files etc ( Win XP OS). That somebody have an synch. programm under any Linux OS ?
This is one thing to stop me for using Linux permanently with my notebook, and desktop.
iPAQ works under Microsoft Embeeded Windows OS :-(
is that possible to synchronise in with Linux OS without replacing current OS ? it is crucial, because when I replace this OS, probably my warranty will be lost, (OS is saved in PROM).

If that scares you and you just want to stick with plain old wimpdoze then check this (http://mstempin.free.fr/linux-ipaq/html/ipaq-connection.html) out.

Oh- BTW- I got all of this info from www.google.com/linux an excellent resource.

Coume
07-17-2003, 11:34 AM
Hello,

I just had a look to those links but there is no really what he and what I would like to do :)

I don't want to change the OS on my Ipaq, I want to keep it as it is... But I would like to find a way to backup my ipaq and even better to synchrozine it, with my computer running under Linux...

Ludo

rickenbacherus
07-17-2003, 02:03 PM
Hello,

I just had a look to those links but there is no really what he and what I would like to do :)

I don't want to change the OS on my Ipaq, I want to keep it as it is... But I would like to find a way to backup my ipaq and even better to synchrozine it, with my computer running under Linux...

Ludo

Look at the third link at the bottom of the post- that's exactly what it's about.
You can't blame me for trying to get everyone to run Linux. What can I say it's a better OS. :)

Coume
07-17-2003, 02:45 PM
yep :)
it is just that you have to add memory to your ipaq to install linux and I cannot afford to spend my student money on an expensive memory card :) eheh

Ludo

rickenbacherus
07-17-2003, 05:11 PM
What kind/size of memory exactly and how much is it in Europe?

Coume
07-18-2003, 06:46 AM
erm...
Seems you wanna make me cry...

In the States, lots of things are much more cheaper...
Here, in France, in buying on the Internet the best deal for a SD memory card: Mémoire SD Card 512 Mo Dane-Elec - 511€ / $511

But who knows if I manage to find my next year internship in the States or Canada, I will be able to buy cheapest ones :) eheh

Regards,
Ludo

rickenbacherus
07-18-2003, 02:58 PM
erm...
Seems you wanna make me cry...

In the States, lots of things are much more cheaper...
Here, in France, in buying on the Internet the best deal for a SD memory card: Mémoire SD Card 512 Mo Dane-Elec - 511€ / $511

A quick google got me a 512 MB SD media card for $280 US. here (http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/intl=1/masterid=605496/isbn=/ut=a17201b9d55ae1f3).

All of those vendors ship internationally. I cannot vouch for any of them as I have never done business with them personally.

Coume
07-21-2003, 06:54 AM
Hmmm that's almost 1/2 price then...

I'm starting to wonder if there is something cheaper in Europe than in the States...
Perhaps the Wine :)
eheh

Ludo

rickenbacherus
07-21-2003, 06:58 PM
Hmmm that's almost 1/2 price then...

I'm starting to wonder if there is something cheaper in Europe than in the States...
Perhaps the Wine :)
eheh

Ludo

Nope- with brands like Ernest & Julio Gallo in the 2 gallon jug for only $9.99 we got you beat there too! heh heh :D

Coume
07-22-2003, 06:49 AM
Nope- with brands like Ernest & Julio Gallo in the 2 gallon jug for only $9.99 we got you beat there too! heh heh :D

Ok, but what's that brand... Ernest & Julio Gallo? And buy your wine in Gallon :)
i will have to taste it :wink:
eheh

Ludo