PDA

View Full Version : i have problam with USB MOUSE he don't work in KNOPPIX !

mdy
07-06-2003, 04:22 PM
i have problam with USB MOUSE he don't work in KNOPPIX !
what i can do i can't use my mouse :(

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

CaffeineGamer
07-06-2003, 11:04 PM
Mine works fine, but im sorry i cant help im a newbie

EdlinUser
07-07-2003, 01:16 AM
what i can do i can't use my mouse :(

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Does it work with your installed operating system?
USB is sometimes a problem with older hardware.
Try unplugging your USB mouse after Knoppix has loaded and then plug it back in. My PII doesn't always load the mouse but often finds the mouse after I plug it back in.
An easy fix is to buy a PS/2 mouse. If you have Saved Settings, DON'T load your settings after installing a PS/2 mouse as it will load the USB mouse and your PS/2 will not work.
Good luck.

rickenbacherus
07-07-2003, 01:46 AM
What version of USB?

mdy
07-07-2003, 08:01 AM
versio 1
this mouse work in windows but not in knoppix
and when i try save new config ps/2=>usb
the mouse don't word

Loper
07-07-2003, 08:21 AM
Some USB mouses are incompatible with Linux. For example, I had a mouse I liked a lot, but it literally did not allow me to install SuSE -- the install would bomb out in different places -- I think it was a timing problem in the mouse's microcontroller (SuSE didn't figure that one out -- I did). I had much the same problem with Knoppix; after all, a modern mouse (especially a USB mouse) is built around a computer, albeit a very low-powered one. I'm sure that many otherwise good mouse designs may never have been tested under Linux. I know that Logitech and Novatek-based mouses work great.

Can you identify a brand? If you live in the U.S. the FCC ID number will tell us who made it.

Here's a request: could members of this board put at least their country of origin in their profiles? The answer to some questions is dependent upon where you live. Thanks!

rickenbacherus
07-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Sorry to tell you this but AFAIK Linux doesn't do USB 1.0- you need 1.1 or better. I just bought a USB 2.0 card for $5 brand new. Don't know if that's a possibility for you.