PDA

View Full Version : pump -i eth0 and netcardconfig not working

qman_txun
07-05-2003, 05:45 PM
:shock: I did this trick, pump -i etho and this is what I got back: operation failed. I'm new to knoppix or debian in general... I need the answer as soon as possible... When I do the netcardconfig and this is what I get; have found a network card but not supported.

thanks a lot for any help....

rickenbacherus
07-06-2003, 04:40 PM
I split your post from where it was originally so that it would be seen It's usually a good idea to start your own thread. Now.......how about some hardware info? Have you entered your brand/model NIC into the search field?

JockVSJock
07-24-2003, 04:21 AM
Were you root we entering this command?

Try it as root and see what happens. If that doesn't work, report back the results here.

funktion
08-24-2003, 08:45 PM
Same thing happened to msyelf too.. On a fresh install of knoppix to HD, it runs great... (on laptop with wireless card) ... my eth0 is setup as my LAN, and works great...

Then i upgraded my packages and since, my eth0 is totally down..and i get the same message "Operation Failed" and the only way i can get anything working is if i run the knoppix-autoconfig (which basically runs pump) but my LAN card get's moved to eth1 now... ?? and i can't run "ifdown eth1" on it either.. it's kinda bizzare...

anyone else with these sort of problems?

matter
11-04-2003, 08:22 AM
I had the same problem, using an IBM thinkpad T30. It seems that for whatever reason pump, and ifconfig both lose the ability to set some flags using ioctl(), or something like that.

My workaround was to kill pump, remove, and reinstall the kernel modules for my NIC, configure my interface with iwconfig, then restart pump.

For example,

pump --kill
rmmod orinoco_pci orinoco hermes
insmod hermes;insmod orinoco;insmod orinoco_pci
iwconfig eth0 essid "network" key restricted 0123456789ABCDEF0123456789A
pump

I hope that helps.