PDA

View Full Version : "bootfrom=Knoppix810.iso" does not accept Network ((the mine!)

knp
09-17-2018, 09:50 PM
Hi

Does anbody had ever tried the cheatcode

: "bootfrom=knoppix810.iso ?

The mine can not accept the INTERNET T

hanks for ideas

knp

fredvej
09-20-2018, 07:25 AM
When booting Knoppix from the ISO file, the bootng process
1) searches for the ISO file (knoppix810.iso) in the root of the detected file systems
2) if the ISO file is found, it mounts the ISO file on /mnt-system
3) searches for /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
4) if /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX is found to be a cloop file, it mounts this on /KNOPPIX
5) if /KNOPPIX contains the KNOPPIX file system, the boot process switches to this and continues loading KNOPPIX
6) Knoppix runs the initializing process and loads the graphics interface
7) if wired Ethernet is detected, Knoppix connects to the wired Ethernet and uses DHCP to get an address.

Knoppix is now running without your personal settings,so wireless networks are NOT connected. You have to connect it manually to a wireless network.

How far in this boot process do you get ?

knp
09-20-2018, 08:08 PM
Thanks Fredvdj

Perhaps I have not been sufficiently clear

My "iso_file" booted almost "very well".
As it would do

I always get "all" the functionnalities I need
BUT the the wired connection at all!!!

Even when the cable is previously connected!

I think I must try to get ANOTHER "iso_file"
Maybe the mine is somewhat corrupted
because yours seems to work.

I shall return you tagain as soon as possible...

Thanks you very much

knp
09-26-2018, 10:34 PM
H fredvej 1_ Effectively my "8.1.ISO" was corrupted2- But the new one (even when burned on DVD) has also some "problems": a- NO cursor at all for cheatcodes b- No "search_Tool" c- Impossible to detect ftaining the informations relative to "kmail" d- Incompatibilty with "older kmail" messagesByeknp

knp
09-26-2018, 10:37 PM
H fredvej 1_ Effectively my "8.1.ISO" was corrupted2- But the new one (even when burned on DVD) has also some "problems": a- NO cursor at all for cheatcodes b- No "search_Tool" c- Impossible to detect ftaining the informations relative to "kmail" d- Incompatibilty with "older kmail" messagesByeknp

fredvej
09-27-2018, 07:50 AM
To avoid corrupted downloads I always use the torrents, because this download method verifys itself. The Knoppix torrents also contains checksums for checking.

I cannot help you with your other problems. You should start a new thread with those.

knp
09-27-2018, 07:39 PM
Thanks you Fredvej

knp