PDA

View Full Version : 1394 hardware detection failure

Si
11-21-2002, 06:00 PM
Since getting a new camcorder, then buying a copy of Pinnacle Studio DV and connecting the supplied 1394 firewire card knoppix will no longer boot - the autoconfiguring progress indicator never finishes - other than remove the 1394 pci card are there any other things i can try (command line switches etc) to get it working again?

aay
11-21-2002, 06:55 PM
Though disabling firewire is not listed as an option in the cheat codes http://www.knoppix.net/cheat.php you might nevertheless try "knoppix no 1394" or "knoppix no firewire" at boot and see what happens. You won't have access to this device of course but if you're just trying to get running, it might work.

Si
11-21-2002, 07:01 PM
Thanks - as these codes aren't listed i'd not even tried your suggestion - but will certainly give it a go and let you know if this works

Si
11-25-2002, 11:14 AM
Tried the suggested codes but to no avail. Incidently since my first psot I have read elsewhere from others stating that Knoppix will fail if it detects a 1394 card. So I guess this is a more generic problem - anyone have any more ideas to solving this one please?