PDA

View Full Version : Network Problems

01-10-2003, 11:53 PM
I am using an Athlon with an Asus A7A266 motherboard and a Netgear FA310TX pci networkcard will not show up under Knoppix. Yet the card works under my windows2k operating system with NO problem. Can anyone suggest anything that might give me help on this problem?

Everything else runs fine, however.

I can be reached via email at dcl@rocketmail.com

Thanks for responding!

kbreen
01-11-2003, 01:31 AM
I have the Asus A7N266-VM and have similar network card problems. Knoppix can't find my network card.

Any suggestions?

roberto
01-11-2003, 08:21 AM
i am currently using fa310tx card (have used about 350 of them in network installs) it must be something directly related to your MBD.

You should check your bios settings to assure that "plug 'n play OS" is NOT selected. also try assigning your network card a set IRQ and other resources then have linux use those parameters.

Dave_Bechtel
01-11-2003, 11:49 AM
--Hmmmm.... What do you mean by "will not show up under Knoppix"?

--If you issue ' ifconfig eth0 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.0.0.0 up ' as root it gives you an error? ' lsmod ' shows no network-card driver?

I am using an Athlon with an Asus A7A266 motherboard and a Netgear FA310TX pci networkcard will not show up under Knoppix. Yet the card works under my windows2k operating system with NO problem. Can anyone suggest anything that might give me help on this problem?

Everything else runs fine, however.

I can be reached via email at dcl@rocketmail.com

Thanks for responding!