PDA

View Full Version : making a bootdisk

marcelwalus
07-08-2003, 08:21 PM
I have reletivly older machine, that doesn't boot from the cd drive. I would like to be able to install knoppix on this machine and i was wondering how to make a boot disk so that it would read the cd instead of booting windows.

Marcel

joekm
07-08-2003, 08:46 PM
From the Windows side, put the CDrom in the drive and a page should open in your web browser. Click on "[EN]" to get an english help file and this will walk you through making a boot disk in english. Basically, you are going to use a program called "rawrite2" which is included on the CDrom.

If the CDrom does not autostart, you should be able to find the html file on the CDrom.

good luck,

Joe

Dave_Bechtel
07-08-2003, 08:49 PM
--Click on the ' mkfloppy.bat ' file in the KNOPPIX dir on the cd.

I have reletivly older machine, that doesn't boot from the cd drive. I would like to be able to install knoppix on this machine and i was wondering how to make a boot disk so that it would read the cd instead of booting windows.

Marcel

marcelwalus
07-09-2003, 02:37 AM
Alright thanx for your help sounds similar to making a bootdisk in mandrake.

Marcel

joekm
07-09-2003, 05:44 PM

Marcel

...just be aware, your boot disk will be in German if you do that..

Joe

Dave_Bechtel
07-11-2003, 09:01 PM
--Not with 2003-0606 -EN.iso.

Marcel

...just be aware, your boot disk will be in German if you do that..

Joe