PDA

View Full Version : iso edit

iomari
07-09-2003, 12:59 PM
does anyone know if it's possible in linux to edit an iso file like winiso does in windows? I know I can mont it and copy it off but I want to edit it as is in order to keep the boot info in tact.

oscar
07-12-2003, 06:50 PM
There is nothing like winiso but it is possible editing the image with a hex editor. But if you need adding or deleting files a hex editor will not help.

jago25_98
10-10-2003, 11:51 AM
probably possible to do in one command but (from memory - I have no internet)

->

mount -t iso9660 /path/to/iso /mnt

&&

mount -o remount,rw /mnt

and edit, then umount.

btw: I tried to use this convert a badly done CD that was all in BLOCK CAPS to lower case but the script I used didn't work, know how to do this?

Tech2k
10-10-2003, 10:54 PM
does anyone know if it's possible in linux to edit an iso file like winiso does in windows? I know I can mont it and copy it off but I want to edit it as is in order to keep the boot info in tact.

Sorry but when you loop mount an iso9660 its read only.If your able to make any changes with a hex editor then the file size cant be changed or you borke it.True for the cloop file in the KNOPPIX iso anyways.

Very easy to insmod the cloop file and cp to wriatable then make changes recompress and burn without breaking the boot stuff and all that info is right here at www.knoppix.net.