PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Error

TheFallenPenguin
07-10-2003, 04:58 AM
When I boot up Knoppix, My monitor gets horizontal lines all through it. Has anyone experienced this problem or know how to fi x, The help would much appreciated. Thanks.

Loper
07-10-2003, 05:34 AM
When I boot up Knoppix, My monitor gets horizontal lines all through it. Has anyone experienced this problem or know how to fix...
More information is needed for an optimum solution, but: is there a visible iimage with lines running through it -- or is the image completely scrambled? There's a variety of boot options (cheat codes), but you can also boot again as normal, then use the [Ctrl]+[Alt]+ [keypad +] or [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[keypad -] key combinations, which perform on-the-fly screen resolution changes; your monitor may be getting an out-of-range signal at the default resolution.

Stephen
07-10-2003, 05:54 AM
When I boot up Knoppix, My monitor gets horizontal lines all through it. Has anyone experienced this problem or know how to fi x, The help would much appreciated. Thanks.

A page of cheat codes (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes) some you may want to try at the boot: prompt knoppix xvrefresh=60 vga=normal , fb800x600 or just failsafe.