PDA

View Full Version : Some new ideas!

Sanja
01-11-2003, 03:56 PM
1. Add support for russian file names
2. Translate bookmarks to english not "knoppix websiete" but "knoppix website"
3. look on linux.zp.ua "russian"
4. add licq
5. write manual hot to edit knoppix image file :)
6. add webdownloader
7. add samba brouther for network\
8. add icon to quick start in taskbar for root console
9. ADD GKrellM (monitor) site http://gkrellm.net and put it in auto run and attach it to the right!
BIG THANKSSSS! ANd PLEASE ADD!!!!!!!!!!!

Sanja
01-11-2003, 03:59 PM
Please create start up user - root! so when knoppix is loaded i want to bee root with out to run console ;)

Sanja
01-11-2003, 04:07 PM
Please add java support!

dvessey
01-12-2003, 05:06 AM
And the great thing about knoppix is.. you can add all this yourself :) There's a great how-to that's not too hard to find, and it's really easy!

Sanja
01-12-2003, 11:44 AM
Heh! I`m a newbie! I can`t do this because in Linux i`m full idiot! Then i ask you for help! maybe some one can do this for me? Then i`l give you an ftp so you can upload it! If can then please help me!!!!

Sanja
01-12-2003, 11:49 AM
And Acrobat!

01-12-2003, 01:26 PM
The Creative sound PCI 128 detects incorect! This cart working property when i select "C-Media PCi sound"
2. maybe you can store all files from KNOPPIx image on CD with out compression so users can just edit files in notepad :) or kedit?

Sanja
01-12-2003, 01:34 PM
The Creative sound PCI 128 detects incorect! This cart working property when i select "C-Media PCi sound"
2. maybe you can store all files from KNOPPIx image on CD with out compression so users can just edit files in notepad :) or kedit?

Sanja
01-12-2003, 01:59 PM
Please set the deflaut browser - mozilla
and maybe update acrobat to v 5?

Sanja
01-12-2003, 02:30 PM
And what about to ad support for rar v3.0

Klaus Knopper
01-12-2003, 09:25 PM
1. Add support for russian file names
2. Translate bookmarks to english not "knoppix websiete" but "knoppix website"
3. look on linux.zp.ua "russian"
4. add licq
5. write manual hot to edit knoppix image file :)
6. add webdownloader
7. add samba brouther for network\
8. add icon to quick start in taskbar for root console
9. ADD GKrellM (monitor) site http://gkrellm.net and put it in auto run and attach it to the right!
BIG THANKSSSS! ANd PLEASE ADD!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a big offer for a contribution (also including your other proposals below). I hope you realize that this is a lot of work, but of course if you have time to do all this, I won't keep you from doing it. When do you think you are done writing these manuals and writing software packages? Will you provide a web page with your contributions?

Thanks for your hard work, we are looking forward to hear from you
-KK

dvessey
01-12-2003, 09:45 PM
Heh! I`m a newbie! I can`t do this because in Linux i`m full idiot! Then i ask you for help! maybe some one can do this for me? Then i`l give you an ftp so you can upload it! If can then please help me!!!!

What this is telling me is that you're too lazy to get up and do things for yourself. I highly doubt anyone is going to customize Knoppix THAT much just for you. There are a couple of good how-to's out there that explain how to re-master Knoppix in great detail, and it's really not that hard. If you do run into trouble, there is a forum on here for help. But usually if you want someone to do work for you, you have to pay them....

Sorry if I'm sounding really harsh, but please, think about what you're asking.

Sanja
01-13-2003, 02:47 PM
you're too lazy! i`m not lazy! if you say where to get amnuals or how to do this then first i say THX to you and thed try to do it myself! But now i`m lamer in linux i didn`t know how to do this all! I you can help please but if you are so cool linux user then please don`t tell to other people that they are lamer or lazy!

THx!

Sanja
01-13-2003, 04:26 PM
remuve some games and add Webmin and somthing to view divx, avi maybe rm (real media)

Sanja
01-13-2003, 08:33 PM
Add NTpasswd, found at http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

dvessey
01-13-2003, 10:09 PM
This took a couple of seconds to find, it's on this site under documentation:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/KnoppixRemasteringHowto

If you don't know enough about Linux, then check out www.linuxlaboratory.org, or www.linuxnewbie.org, both great sites that can help you out with general and advanced Linux stuff. Or post on here in the customizing forum, it really doesn't take much knowledge of linux to re-master knoppix. And if you don't have linux installed, you might even be able to re-master using a loopback filesystem on FAT32(not sure about this though)

Flibble
01-14-2003, 01:42 AM
Plus you do realise that this all has to fit on a single CD? Its kind of the whole point to Knoppix.

If you want all that additional stuff but don't want to/can't be ar$ed remastering then just install it to your hard disk and use apt + synaptic.

As others have stated there are inumerable resources out there for Linux, including ldp and linuxquestions.org, not to mention this rather fine site itself.

Give a man a fish.....and all that.

eadz
01-14-2003, 07:29 AM
And if you don't have linux installed, you might even be able to re-master using a loopback filesystem on FAT32(not sure about this though)

Nice one dvessy! You just solved the "how do i remaster if i only have fat32?"..

now for the "how do i remaster, i only have ntfs?" hehe

Carlos_E_Morimoto
01-14-2003, 08:10 AM
Its very easy to resize a FAT partition using a Mandrake Instalation CD: just begin the install, resize the windows partition, save the partition table and reboot.

Now you have a partition to remaster Knoppix :-)

dvessey
01-14-2003, 10:18 PM
Nice one dvessy! You just solved the "how do i remaster if i only have fat32?"..

now for the "how do i remaster, i only have ntfs?" hehe

heh, go me! I figured it would work in theory, since that's how I first began using linux with mandrake 7.0 with it's lin4win thing. I never actually tried it in practice though...

as for ntfs... well, there is write support, but experimental so I've never tried it... although I may someday if I'm stuck using windows and it starts bothering me :twisted:

Sanja
01-15-2003, 02:24 PM
And please try to add this programs in next realize!

1. Licq
2. KDE media player
3. DOSEMU
4. startup user - root
5. it is a quastion! How to edd files in /ramdisk/var/www/ how to edit index.html??? maybe you can do so /ramdisk/ can be no only read file system but Rw?
6. In syslinux make somthing like maunt=rw so the knoppix maunt all hdd as read and write
7. GKrellM (monitor) site http://gkrellm.net and put it in auto run and attach it to the right
8. The Creative sound PCI 128 detects incorect! This cart working property when i select "C-Media PCi sound"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have the time then
1. and maybe update acrobat to v 5?
2. And what about to ad support for rar v3.0
3. Add NTpasswd, found at http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd

and this is some progs that may do knoppix better
1. Netscape communicator
2. maybe some Av like kaspersky? :)

Sanja
01-15-2003, 04:39 PM
And please FIX in KDE "system>X - Terminal as root! says error!

Sanja
01-15-2003, 04:49 PM
Please create auto swap deleter! when knoppix terminating the swap file deleting! please!

Flibble
01-15-2003, 10:41 PM
Neither Kaspersky or Communicator are free.......or for that matter required.

You are beginning to remind of a child compiling his Christmas wish list, I want, I want, I want.

If you spent half as much time learning how to remaster as you did dreaming up yet more kooky programs to add to Knoppix you would have your desired distro (albeit one that wouldn't fit on a CD anymore) by now.

I am beginning to think that this whole discussion is nothing more than a troll

*PLONK*

Flibble
01-15-2003, 10:43 PM

yeah I know, what took me so long? ;>

Sanja
01-16-2003, 03:35 PM
Maybe you can translate all texts and menus to english! When i run TWE i can`t work because i didn`t know german! :(

dvessey
01-17-2003, 03:01 AM

I considered that awhile ago, but I figured I'd give this guy the benefit of the doubt and try to help. but I guess it is just a troll...