PDA

View Full Version : Checking the Knoppix ISO download

georgetoon
07-12-2003, 07:02 AM
I just download the Knoppix ISO file.:) Anyhow, I need to check its integrity. So, I also downloaded the checksum program with the GUI from toast442.:) So, now, how do I check it? sorry to be slow on the uptake, but Knoppix, Linux, etc....it's all very new to me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

rickenbacherus
07-12-2003, 07:24 AM
To use this thing, choose the action you wish (generate or check) and drag the checksum file (in the case of checking files) or multiple files (for generating checksums). The files that were checked, or for which checksums were generated, will be shown in the list box. To create a file with the contents of the list box in standard md5sum format, either click the Save As.. button or the To Clipboard button. Save As.. of course saves a file directly. To Clipboard copies the same format to the clipboard as text.

Sounds to me as tho you should choose 'check' and select the Knoppix .iso then just compare that number to the one that you can get at the same mirror you dl'd Knoppix from. It will be listed as 'md5sum' on the Knoppix mirror.