PDA

View Full Version : Another mini-cd knoppix :-)

Carlos_E_Morimoto
01-12-2003, 09:56 AM
I'm developping another mini-knoppix. At present time I have 219 MB, but the objective is 180 or minus. This is a distributions targeted to desktop users, whith KDE, Kword, Kontour, Konqueror, Gftp, Acrobat and other user-friendly desktop apps, and just the base minimum in system tools and development.

My idea is use this mini distribution to develop CDs with documentation, promotional material, etc. and at the same time a base-distribution to customise Knoppix and a mini-CD distribution.

Arghhh, poor English :-)

dvessey
01-12-2003, 09:49 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to use a KDE FTP program instead of Gftp(which requires gnome libs, I think)? or is there a KDE ftp program?

Carlos_E_Morimoto
01-12-2003, 10:03 PM
Yes, kbear and others, but I prefer gftp, and the GTK libs are necessary to others programs, like Mozilla, gain, dillo, bluefish, etc. But you dont need the entire Gnome to have the GTK libs. Alone they are not big, something like 5 MB.

Carlos_E_Morimoto
01-14-2003, 01:02 PM
Almost done :-)

The ISO has 185 MB (175 for the distro, 10 MB for my e-book tha I included on the iso :-).

With KDE and other desktop apps. Only some adm, dev and compiler tools. Localized to Brazilian users.

http://www.guiadohardware.net/news/2003/01/index.asp#02

cyberlords
07-29-2005, 07:04 PM
Very good! now is Kurumin 5.0, is perfect