PDA

View Full Version : How to make default X enlightenment ????

Javier Belanche
01-12-2003, 08:24 PM
Hi,
I 'm remastering Knoppix but I dont have any idea to resolve this question:
- I like to desinstall KDE and I would like to put by default the Enlightenment ... so. I remove dKDE and install the enlight.. deb package. Okay... and, then,. I changed the default line appears in etc/X11/default-display for /usr/bin/enlightement but, doesnt work

Any Help? Please

Thanksssss

Javier

drfreak
01-16-2003, 05:34 AM
Hi,
I 'm remastering Knoppix but I dont have any idea to resolve this question:
- I like to desinstall KDE and I would like to put by default the Enlightenment ...

I ran into the same problem myself. I traced the xsession script through Xinit and still never had my changes take effect. Finally, I just tweaked /etc/init.d/xsession to start up my window manager after starting X.

Knoppix also will accept boot parameters for a lot of popular window managers, although off the top of my head I don't know if enlightenment is one of them. Check the F2 options in your boot menu. If it is one of the boot options, just edit boot.img to pass the window manager parameter by default. You shouldn't have to modify anything else if there is a boot parameter.

snicker
10-04-2003, 10:40 PM
Having seen that you guys succeeded in creating a KNOPPIX with enlightenment, are you making it available somewhere? i'd really like that... perhaps you know somewhere i can find something like that... thanks in advance