PDA

View Full Version : Matrox g400 dualhead please help

Fidelio
07-14-2003, 11:45 PM
Hi does someone here know how to enable second head of this card for connect a tv??
I tried the method written in mplayer documentation, but matroxset utility give me an error "Cannot open /dev/fb1: No such device"

I tried forcing drivers in the matrox site renaming the 4.2.0 folder in 4.3.0, but when i run powerdesk and restart X i get:

Parse error on line 101 of section Monitor in file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
ModeLine Hdisplay expected
(EE) Problem parsing the config file
(EE) Error from xf86HandleConfigFile()

Fatal server error:
no screens found

so to start X i have to replace XF86Config-4 whit the one saved before...

I'm just a bit more then newbie in linux, if someone was able to configure second head please help me!!!

Best regards.

Stephen
07-15-2003, 01:09 AM
Hi does someone here know how to enable second head of this card for connect a tv??
I tried the method written in mplayer documentation, but matroxset utility give me an error "Cannot open /dev/fb1: No such device"

Have you tried to create the device with makedev try changing to the /dev directory and as root in a console window MAKEDEV fb1 to create the device see man makedev for more details.

Fidelio
07-15-2003, 05:35 PM
Thx for the answer, i finally make matrox drivers work but i still don't know how to have a good resolution for the tv)... problem whit parsing probably were caused by powerdesk who wrote "," instead of "." in Modeline lines of XF84Config-4 file.

Make framebuffer method work for second head is still an open challenge for me....

Bye.