PDA

View Full Version : Replacing openoffice-de-en with openoffice.org

jake5m
07-15-2003, 05:20 PM
Hi,
I am wondering if anyone has successfully remastered knoppix with the more common "openoffice.org" package instead of "openoffice-de-en". My reason for trying to remaster with "openoffice.org" is that "openoffice-de-en" doesn't seem to work with L10n (localisation) language packages. (I would be very happy if someone proved me wrong!).

Simply removing "openoffice-de-en" and installing "openoffice.org" is insufficient. On the remastered CD, openoffice crashes before it even finishes to load. There has to be a trick somewhere...

I really appreciate any advice!
Thank you,
Jake

JLCarneiro
07-24-2003, 02:55 PM
Simply removing "openoffice-de-en" and installing "openoffice.org" is insufficient. On the remastered CD, openoffice crashes before it even finishes to load. There has to be a trick somewhere...Hi Jake,
I've been trying to do the same thing with a brazilian distro based on Knoppix (Kurumin). Unfortunatelly with NO success so far...

By the way, I'm having the same kind of problem trying to install Netscape pt-br on the remasterized ISO. It installs fine, but when I burn the CD and try to start netscape or oo, they simply crash...

Sorry to post without a solution :oops: , I'm doing this just to show there are other people with the same problem.
If somebody knows where we are making a mistake, please help.

Thank you,
Jose Luis

jake5m
08-04-2003, 04:21 PM
After several weeks of trying, I haven’t been able to install “openoffice.org” on a remastered CD. I tried pretty much every approach I could think of. This is a serious blow in my attempt to translate Knoppix into another language (French, in my case), since Openoffice is probably the most useful application on the CD.

I think my only hope now is that, when Knoppix eventually includes Openoffice 1.1 , it will include the “normal” version of the program rather than a modified version which isn’t compatible.

Does anyone know when Knoppix will include Openoffice 1.1 ? The current beta of 1.1 is already just as stable as Openoffice 1.0.x … and is much faster too.

Thanks!

Stephen
08-04-2003, 06:52 PM
After several weeks of trying, I haven’t been able to install “openoffice.org” on a remastered CD. I tried pretty much every approach I could think of. This is a serious blow in my attempt to translate Knoppix into another language (French, in my case), since Openoffice is probably the most useful application on the CD.

I think my only hope now is that, when Knoppix eventually includes Openoffice 1.1 , it will include the “normal” version of the program rather than a modified version which isn’t compatible.

Does anyone know when Knoppix will include Openoffice 1.1 ? The current beta of 1.1 is already just as stable as Openoffice 1.0.x … and is much faster too.

Thanks!
You may want to take a look at Knoppix Mib (http://www.bouissou.net/knoppix-mib/doc-html/Knoppix-Mib.html) it's a French distro and if my reading of French isn't too poor I believe on this page (http://www.bouissou.net/knoppix-mib/doc-html/Knoppix-Mib.html#translations_into_french) it says that OpenOffice is in French and English versions plus I believe it says that it supports Canadian French also.