PDA

View Full Version : Forum Still Working?

Duffin444
07-17-2003, 06:01 AM
Is it just me or is the forum acting differently for everyone? I just switched computers a couple days ago and ever since then i no longer automagically login. Not only that but the style for the forum that i chose is different than the default and this alteration does not stivk. What I mean by this is, when i first login my style is the way I want it, but when I click on a post the style switches to the default for the forum. Also, my ability to click on the black arrow and orange paper sheet icon to the left of topics with new posts no longer functions.

I am using Windows XP as knoppix does not work on my new computer :(. And I disabled all restrictions on cookies (All cookies are allowed). Any ideas or questions?

Stephen
07-17-2003, 06:40 AM
Also, my ability to click on the black arrow and orange paper sheet icon to the left of topics with new posts no longer functions.

I am using Windows XP as knoppix does not work on my new computer :(. And I disabled all restrictions on cookies (All cookies are allowed). Any ideas or questions?

I did notice some strange behavior with the view post since last visit (it just would not work which was to say the least annoying) if that's what you mean but it seems to be working now. The cookies that are set still are working and log me in as to the style I use the sub-silver and has not changed either worked fine throughout the problem with the view posts.

Have you went into your profile to make sure nothing has changed there?

eadz
07-17-2003, 07:22 AM
The only supported style is the default ( fiplain ), if you use others, good luck!

The automatically login option is set automatically, i.e. it's enabled for everyone, and the view posts since last visit seems to always work for me.

Logout, delete all cookies, clear your cache, and try again.

Duffin444
07-20-2003, 11:16 PM
I have included a screenshot of a fresh install of XP. Sorry to be using XP (I know it's tragic). I still am having issues using the form. If anybody else is having this very odd symptom please let me know! Any ideas are very welcome and very needed. I have circled everything of interest on the screenshot.

I circled:

1) The fact that my security level is medium (Same as other working computer)
2) The fact that there is no checkbox for saving the login credentials
3)That my internet settings are default
4)There are no saved cookies in my folder.

http://duffin4441.tripod.com/screenshot.jpg

Just as a follow-up...this is a forum that I implimented for a school. It does not display the same problems, as is evident by the appearance of the "Log me on automatically each visit" checkbox. Any Help?

eadz
07-21-2003, 12:21 AM
Hi, thanks for the screenshot..

The "Log me in automatically" box is not supposed to be there as it is now a hidden field and always "checked".

Your problem may be that the cookies are from www.knoppix.net, but you are going to knoppix.net.

Try using www.knoppix.net instead of knoppix.net and see if that helps.

Duffin444
07-21-2003, 01:29 AM
This worked!! If one uses www.knoppix.net instead of just knoppix.net the forum works a thousand times better. Thank you so much for your suggestions.:)