PDA

View Full Version : ppp adapter help!!! please

stop101
07-17-2003, 06:49 PM
hi, my name is Louis. im from New York. i have an old pentium2 pc running windows 98 and i use it for printing/scanning/letting neighbors use it for homework/whatever..., but anyway... i cant get it to show the network card. When i do winipcfg it shows the "ppp adapter" and when i try to change it...it doesnt display anything to change it to. I think this is the reason why i cant get it to connect to my router. I have the linksys wireless broadband router 2.4ghz with 4 port switch.
I use it to connect my playstation 2 and my other pc wich is a p3 running windows me. (both working fine) My p3 has a linksys ethernet card and it shows the network card in winipcfg. But my old p2 wont show it. Please help!!!!! im not even gonna ask for help on my laptop because it uses the wireless linksys network card and i cant even get online at all with it.

Anys suggestions???

rickenbacherus
07-17-2003, 10:03 PM
We're glad you stopped by but I think you'd have better luck with windows questions in a windows forum. Are you booting Knoppix too? I think I know what might fix your machines- get Linux!

stop101
07-18-2003, 03:25 AM
ahhaha,,,,i forgot this was for linux only...