PDA

View Full Version : Help with aDSL

LinuxNewbie03
07-19-2003, 03:21 AM
alright, when i start pppoeconf it says,

Sorry, no working ethernet card could be found. If you do have an interface card which is not auto-detected so far, you probably wish to load the driver manually using the modconf utility. Run modconf now?

Which as you know takes takes you to a place to choose drivers. I was wondering if anyone could tell me which driver if there is any would work for a aDSL PPoE Modem By Texas Instruments i believe.

rickenbacherus
07-19-2003, 10:56 PM
alright, when i start pppoeconf it says,

Sorry, no working ethernet card could be found. If you do have an interface card which is not auto-detected so far, you probably wish to load the driver manually using the modconf utility. Run modconf now?

Which as you know takes takes you to a place to choose drivers. I was wondering if anyone could tell me which driver if there is any would work for a aDSL PPoE Modem By Texas Instruments i believe.

Read the message again.
It's not telling you to install a driver for your modem, it's telling you to install a driver for a NIC. What kind of NIC do you have?

I realize that you are probably accustomed to M$ and their worthless error messages but in Linux it's different. Read the entire message and often times it will tell you how to fix it.