PDA

View Full Version : No re-start Windows after using Knoppix

dermatas
07-23-2003, 11:56 AM
Hi everybody,

I have installed windows XP Pro in my home computer, but I decide to try Knoppix. This morning I ran Knoppix for teh first time, and everything was OK. But when I tried to re-start my computer in windows mode, after the first screen of Windows XP, the screen got blank and nothing appeared. I shut off the computer and I waited for a while (5-10 minutes) and re-started the computer. Then windows appeared normally except for a warning message saying something like: "Error in c:\windows\system32\NvCpl.dll missing entry: NvSTARTUP". When I restarted the computer again blank screen, wait for a while, warning message etc.

I would appreciate any help about this.

Thanks in advance

Pepe Martin
gpepe@uam.es

rickenbacherus
07-23-2003, 02:45 PM
I found this (http://www.newbie.org/help/messages/1449.html) about your very problem. Seems to be related to Nvidia drivers.

HTH

aay
07-23-2003, 08:50 PM
This is really wierd. According to the link that
rickenbacherus gave the problem seems to be related to a previous install of the nvidia drivers within windows or overclocking the card. But it sounds like dermatas only had this problem after running Knoppix. Is this right or is he leaving out some relevant info?