PDA

View Full Version : USB Autoconfiguration Hangs

ghborrmann
07-23-2003, 03:06 PM
I have two USB devices: a Seagate 20MB hard drive, and a CF Reader. When the Seagate is plugged in at boot, it hangs at the device configuration stage of the bootup. When the CF Reader is plugged in without the Seagate drive, bootup goes normally only when the reader is plugged into one of my two USB ports; when plugged into the other, it hangs during autoconfiguration just like the Seagate drive. (The Seagate drive behaves identically no matter which port it is plugged into.) I can boot using failsafe, but, of course, no usb devices are found.

How can I get more information about what is going wrong during the autoconfiguration process? In particular, the fact that the CF Reader works differently depending on which USB port it is plugged into suggests to me that this might be a bug. Any suggestions?

rickenbacherus
07-23-2003, 11:08 PM
This is perhaps due to the fact that the Knoppix kernel is not configured for Multi-LUN support. You could recompile and see if that fixes it.

ghborrmann
07-24-2003, 03:32 AM
I don't understand what Multi-LUN has to do with it. The problems I have show themselves when only one USB device is plugged in. Am I missing something?