PDA

View Full Version : Composite TV-Out Problem

nimdy
07-23-2003, 04:29 PM
I have a Mini-ITX based PC (Mini-ITX is a very small motherboard). One of the features of it is that you can connect it to a PC, not needing a PC monitor.

I would like to make use of this for Knoppix, but it doesnt seem to work.

When i switch the PC on, all seems fine for a moment (i have tried the disc on other PC's, so i know the disc isnt the problem). I then get the following error:

You passed an undefined mode number

Which then gives the choice of pressing ENTER or SPACE. I have tried both and came to the same problem.

Once this error goes, the startup carrys on, recognising things like the sound, keyboard, etc.

Then when the KDE startup thing and the audio welcome message come onto the screen, the screen goes fuzzy and scrolls across the screen (the only thing i can compare it to is ghosting of a normal TV picture.)

Does anyone know what i could do about this?

Thanks in advance,

Steven.

nimdy
07-23-2003, 04:39 PM
So sorry for wasting your time, but i think ive cracked it. I tried using a few commands at startup, and "fb800x600" seems to have done it.

But what does seem to be a slight problem, is that now i seem to have a 'crease' halfway down the screen. Quite strange, but i will put up with it.

paradocs
07-24-2003, 07:24 AM
Hallo nimdy,

You might want to try to guess what
some of this means or try an internet
translator. This might be of use.

http://www.linuxtag.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=start;action=display;num=1058828839

Best Wishes
paradocs