PDA

View Full Version : Installing crossover plugin.

Numpty
01-14-2003, 11:47 PM
Has anyone got the crossover plugin to install?

I am trying to install it as root while in my chrooted source partion, but it fails with a segmentation fault, just after decompressing the archive.

I have also tried it while running from CD thinking I can copy the crossover directory into skel and use it, but it too fails when starting the pluginsetup app.

Any pointers?

:cry:

eadz
01-15-2003, 01:36 AM
have you tried installing it as an ordanary user? that is what it reccomends. Also are you running this from cd?

Once it's installed into /home/knoppix/ you can copy the files to /etc/skel

01-15-2003, 11:40 AM
have you tried installing it as an ordanary user? that is what it reccomends. Also are you running this from cd?

Once it's installed into /home/knoppix/ you can copy the files to /etc/skel

Thats the first thing I tried. It installs and copies the files but the pluginsetup doesn't run. (however I can't recall the error message and I am not at the machine that I am using to set it up at the moment).

Numpty
01-16-2003, 02:46 PM
I have now fixed it but just in case anyone else comes across this problem.
While running from CD i installed as knoppix.
When the installer has finished an error occurs stating it can't find dll's.
Download a patch from codeweavers and extract it.
Now run codeweavers/bin/pluginsetup and install your plugins.
copy .crossover, crossover and .mozilla to your source /etc/skel.
Edit /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession to copy the new directories across.

:D

tbobz
01-28-2003, 07:40 AM
I tried to install version 1.1.3 and got the missing dlls message. Just downloaded version 1.2.0 and the install was flawless. Grooving with Shockwave as we speak. Man, this distro RAWKS!
Yours-Tbobz

lars_g
01-30-2003, 06:59 PM
A few things... 1) do you think i'd be able to fit crossover + quicktime-flash-director on the knoppix cd? even if I squeeze a few les susefull things out? and the second... woudl this be legal? since knoppix is GPL by introducing these things on the CD will be a breach even if it's for my personal use only?

eadz
01-30-2003, 07:04 PM
A few things... 1) do you think i'd be able to fit crossover + quicktime-flash-director on the knoppix cd? even if I squeeze a few les susefull things out? and the second... woudl this be legal? since knoppix is GPL by introducing these things on the CD will be a breach even if it's for my personal use only?

Yes you can put them on the cd if you don't further distribute that cd.
Also, to fit you may have to take stuff off.

bhsx
01-30-2003, 10:32 PM
Check under documentation > KnoppixCustomizations for some of the smaller versions of Knoppix people have already made. KnoppixLite keeps KDE in but strips out almost everything that's not "desktop" related. It would be a great base to start with and already enough room to fit all of the possible CrossoverPlugin apps (Trillian, etc.).