PDA

View Full Version : NEW RELEASE - KNOPPIX V3.2-2003-07-25

gjakuipers
07-25-2003, 11:38 AM
V3.2-2003-07-25
- workaround for erraneouos DNS update script of pppconfig 2.2.0
- dma bootoption now also enables DMA for CD-Roms
- enable Promise controller softwareraid on boot (Kernel 2.4.21)
- added atmel drivers for wireless cards

Great Job! Knoppix Team.

Only a few question:
is it possible that all new updates/patches are individually (automatic) downloadable. I mean, now i must download the whole iso image, burn it on an new cd-r and reinstall Knoppix on my HD. Maybe you can make an website such as http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ but then for Knoppix?

and is it also possible that when i downloaded an new iso image from Knoppix that i don't burn the iso but e.g. i make a virtual cd. Just like deamon-tools for Windows: their i make a virtual cd form an iso so i don't have to burn it. Maybe you can make a tool, put it on the startup from knoppix bootdisk/bootcdrom and where we then have a choice to select an iso image on the HD and then install Knoppix on the HD.

Sorry for my bad english..

dthiess
07-25-2003, 12:22 PM
and is it also possible that when i downloaded an new iso image from Knoppix that i don't burn the iso but e.g. i make a virtual cd. Just like deamon-tools for Windows: their i make a virtual cd form an iso so i don't have to burn it.

there are plenty of virtuall cd tools availlabe, some even for free. also several cd-burn applications like winoncd or clonecd offer such a virual drive. on linux you you just need to mount the image..

dt