PDA

View Full Version : Penguin OGG

A. Jorge Garcia
07-27-2003, 03:45 PM
Remember in V3.1 there were 2 or 3 sample ogg files in the music demo directory on the KNOPPIX CD? I loved the instrumental one that sounded like penguins chirping at the beginning and end of the song. Its not included anymore in the latest ISOs.

Is there some way I could get a copy of that ogg file from somewhere?

TIA,

Stephen
07-27-2003, 06:54 PM
Remember in V3.1 there were 2 or 3 sample ogg files in the music demo directory on the KNOPPIX CD? I loved the instrumental one that sounded like penguins chirping at the beginning and end of the song. Its not included anymore in the latest ISOs.

Is there some way I could get a copy of that ogg file from somewhere?

TIA,

You still have the old 3.1 version right? Then boot from it and copy them to your HD.

A. Jorge Garcia
07-27-2003, 08:12 PM
Yup, you would think so, but I gave away my 3.1 CDs in the interest of spreading the word....

Regards,

Stephen
07-27-2003, 09:18 PM
Yup, you would think so, but I gave away my 3.1 CDs in the interest of spreading the word....

Regards,

I just searched through my pile of CDs and looks like I have too, had KnoppixKDE though which is based on 3.1 but apparently Eaden did not include them. Somebody has to have a copy somewhere you might want to post to the developer list and see if someone can give you a url for download they have to be available someplace it's in the GPL.

kwadroke
07-27-2003, 09:38 PM

Regards,

I just searched through my pile of CDs and looks like I have too, had KnoppixKDE though which is based on 3.1 but apparently Eaden did not include them. Somebody has to have a copy somewhere you might want to post to the developer list and see if someone can give you a url for download they have to be available someplace it's in the GPL.

I believe the OGG files came from http://openmusic.linuxtag.org/showitem.php?item=220 You can download the songs from there.

A. Jorge Garcia
07-27-2003, 10:01 PM
Yup, I found that link on Yahoo, but the download link for penguinplanet.ogg

http://download.linuxtag.org/music/ogg/penguinplanet.ogg

appears broken.... :cry:

Thanx,

plugwash
07-28-2003, 01:50 AM
I have them and i'm prepared to upload them to a site if someone is prepared to host them

but i'm not hosting them on m own site due to bandwidth issues

STD-User
07-28-2003, 02:23 AM
I will host them for you. I have unmetered bandwidth.

email me: chozen@hackermail.com or jordanhaven@hotmail.com

plugwash
07-28-2003, 06:53 PM
they have been e-maild to STD-user i presume he will post here when he uploads them

STD-User
07-28-2003, 07:58 PM
okay, I have the file you gave me, and I will upload it within a day or 2. when I do, it will be at:

http://chozen.t35.com/hosted/OGG/

A. Jorge Garcia
07-30-2003, 04:26 AM
Did you get to uplaod the file yet?

TIA,

STD-User
07-30-2003, 10:44 PM
no, sorry.

My host was taken down, so I'm in the process of finding a new one.

I'm truly sorry.

A. Jorge Garcia
10-06-2003, 06:28 PM
I got it. You can get it from my ftp site!

ftp://ftp.baldwinschools.net/calcpage/apcs/penguinplanet.ogg

Enjoy!