PDA

View Full Version : KNOPPIX->Network/Internet->Network card conf. problem

gill1109
07-27-2003, 07:56 PM
I have knoppix 3.2 (2003-07-26) EN installed on my hard disk. I tried to correct a mistake typing in IP address during installation, by running the script KNOPPIX->Network/Internet->Network card configuration. I know this does the job on other versions of knoppix I have tried. There is a long wait with a little hour glass being turned over and over, and then the script quits, nothing doing. What is going on here?

Stephen
07-27-2003, 08:20 PM
I have knoppix 3.2 (2003-07-26) EN installed on my hard disk. I tried to correct a mistake typing in IP address during installation, by running the script KNOPPIX->Network/Internet->Network card configuration. I know this does the job on other versions of knoppix I have tried. There is a long wait with a little hour glass being turned over and over, and then the script quits, nothing doing. What is going on here?

Not sure about the menu access have you tried to open a console window becoming root with su and then netcardconfig alternatively edit the file /etc/network/interfaces and change the settings there to the correct ones then /etc/init.d/networking restart to restart the networking with the new settings. If it was the nameserver that you got wrong the file for that is /etc/resolv.conf.

gill1109
07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
open a console window becoming root with su and then netcardconfig alternatively edit the file /etc/network/interfaces and change the settings there to the correct ones then /etc/init.d/networking restart to restart the networking with the new settings. If it was the nameserver that you got wrong the file for that is /etc/resolv.conf.
I found "interfaces" in /etc/network and edited by hand... thanks for the other tips, for next time!