PDA

View Full Version : knoppix 3.1>3.2 transition frustration

andrei
07-28-2003, 08:04 PM
Hi,
I was using Knoppix 3.1 until today when I finally got my Knoppix 3.2 CD and I have a couple of things which frustrate me.
1) what happened to the previous KDE style/theme? The new one looks like an ungly Window$-XP wanna be with those flashy bright colours. Is this some kind of "original-Knoppix" look or is this a KDE-thing? Can I somehow get the old Knoppix/KDE look back?!
2) Furthermore, when I click on the Konsole the fontsize is set to 'huge'. Why is this?
3) how do I change the screen's refresh rate and resolution? when I try to change in throught the control center's display menu I must re-start the session which I cannot since this is a live-CD and not a HD-installed distro.
4) during boot-up I get a message "Using Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480". What does this mean? Which one is really used? Is there a shortcut to flip between them?

Thanks!

rickenbacherus
07-28-2003, 08:26 PM
Hi,
I was using Knoppix 3.1 until today when I finally got my Knoppix 3.2 CD and I have a couple of things which frustrate me.
1) what happened to the previous KDE style/theme? The new one looks like an ungly Window$-XP wanna be with those flashy bright colours. Is this some kind of "original-Knoppix" look or is this a KDE-thing? Can I somehow get the old Knoppix/KDE look back?!

In the Control Center you can change the theme/look/colors etc. This is no different than the previous version of KDE.

2) Furthermore, when I click on the Konsole the fontsize is set to 'huge'. Why is this?

Why? I dunno- maybe you set it that way. Just change it back and be sure to 'save settings'

3) how do I change the screen's refresh rate and resolution? when I try to change in throught the control center's display menu I must re-start the session which I cannot since this is a live-CD and not a HD-installed distro.
4) during boot-up I get a message "Using Modes "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480". What does this mean? Which one is really used? Is there a shortcut to flip between them?

CTRL+ALT+ + or -

andrei
07-29-2003, 12:27 AM
ok. I suppose I will have to get used to the new style. thanks for the resolution shortcut!

rickenbacherus
07-29-2003, 05:55 AM
ok. I suppose I will have to get used to the new style. thanks for the resolution shortcut!

Says who?->KDElook (http://kdelook.org) and you're welcome :)