PDA

View Full Version : haveing problems loading config from floppy

cowmamba
07-29-2003, 11:53 PM
yeah imm haveing problems with booting my config from thr floppy i saved it to when i saved it to the floppy it tolod me that knoppix will load your configuration nex time knoppix boots and it said to type this in the boot command like

knoppix myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy
or to put this one in
knoppix myconfig=scan

i did both of them at seperate times but any ways niether one worked when i put this in knoppix myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy it would say cant mount something i dont remember what it said but it said that and it asks if you want to tryagain or not and i hit y and it said the same thing can i get some help please thanks

Stephen
07-30-2003, 01:46 AM
yeah imm haveing problems with booting my config from thr floppy i saved it to when i saved it to the floppy it tolod me that knoppix will load your configuration nex time knoppix boots and it said to type this in the boot command like

or to put this one in
knoppix myconfig=scan

i did both of them at seperate times but any ways niether one worked when i put this in knoppix myconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy it would say cant mount something i dont remember what it said but it said that and it asks if you want to tryagain or not and i hit y and it said the same thing can i get some help please thanks

It has been changed to knoppix floppyconf in recent versions or knoppix floppyconfig for the older versions BTW this is in the cheat codes (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes) page and you should file a bug report in the bugzilla (http://www.knoppix.net/bugs/).

EdlinUser
07-30-2003, 02:41 AM

or to put this one in
knoppix myconfig=scan

scan doesn't always work, in my experience.

try: knoppix myconfig=/dev/fda0

cowmamba
07-30-2003, 06:54 AM
hey thanks that worked the knoppix floppyconfig well i apreciate it thanks alot sorry cant spell ha ha :D

cowmamba
08-01-2003, 03:35 AM
ok for some reson it's not working now i did the same thing i typed
knoppix floppyconfig=/mnt/auto/floppy and when it boots up and it looks at the floppy itl say cant mount something i forgot what it said but it did it a couple times before now it''s not doing it for some reson
well thanks

dpasadis
02-13-2004, 10:37 PM
I just tried "knoppix floppyconf" on Knoppix 3.3 and it worked. The floppy was formatted as a ext3 filesystem by Knoppix before I saved my configuration to it.

Thank you to the earlier poster that recommend this method!

- D.