PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remaster from KNOPPIX 2003-07-26 yet?

rdmelin
07-30-2003, 02:07 AM
I have a remaster that I have been keeping in sync with the latest knoppix debs. All has worked well until 03-07-26 with kernel 2.4.21 and the new cloop 1.0.
I have been booting my remastered knoppix as environment to remaster in. After updating the source directory to 03-07-26 I compressed the KNOPPIX file system to harddisk.
Using the old bootfloppy (03-05-06) the KNOPPIX filesystem on the harddisk booted up with many error messages about module mismatches. O.K. that makes sense.
Using the 03-07-36 boot.img it loaded the kernel and gave the error 'No KNOPPIX filesystem found.'
I then booted up with KNOPPIX 03-07-26, and compressed again with the tools in the up-to-date environment. Now booting with either the old or the new boot floppy gives the error 'No KNOPPIX filesystem found.'
Any ideas anyone?

cesman
08-02-2003, 07:31 AM
I just tired a remaster(my first in fact)! Unfortunately after toying with it all day and making a CD, I get a kernel panic: vfs:unable to mount root fs on 03:01. I also got some errors about some modules... Too tired to play with it any longer.

cesman

cesman
08-02-2003, 08:52 PM
Well after a good night of sleep. I used knoppix-install instead od knx-hdinstall. This resolved my problem with the kernel panic and the modules not being found! A few more issues to solve and another customization will be unleashed on the world! Thanks to all the great developers of a GREAT disto!

cesman