PDA

View Full Version : emu10k1 post install

Lilmuckers
07-30-2003, 02:38 AM
actually, also pre install

anyway, knoppix wants to use my onboard sound rather than my soundblaster live! 5.1
i've tried every way in my limited knowledge (read: very limited) to get it to work.
i never got it to work on any previous linux installs either. SuSe didn't like it, debain unstable didn't, redhat didn't, heck mandrake didn't.

basically, it always wants to use my on-board sound

my motherboard is an Asus A7V333, and this is the info from the site on the sound hardware:

The A7V333 uses an onboard C-Media 8738 audio controller (on audio model only) that lets you enjoy high-quality 6-channel audio without having to buy advanced sound cards.

that's all well and good, but my 5.1 speakers only fit into my soundblaster live! 5.1

and i don't want to keep having to swap plugs when i switch from linux to windows and back again

any help would be muchly appreciated

Stephen
07-30-2003, 03:23 AM
actually, also pre install

anyway, knoppix wants to use my onboard sound rather than my soundblaster live! 5.1
i've tried every way in my limited knowledge (read: very limited) to get it to work.
i never got it to work on any previous linux installs either. SuSe didn't like it, debain unstable didn't, redhat didn't, heck mandrake didn't.

basically, it always wants to use my on-board sound

my motherboard is an Asus A7V333, and this is the info from the site on the sound hardware:

The A7V333 uses an onboard C-Media 8738 audio controller (on audio model only) that lets you enjoy high-quality 6-channel audio without having to buy advanced sound cards.

that's all well and good, but my 5.1 speakers only fit into my soundblaster live! 5.1

and i don't want to keep having to swap plugs when i switch from linux to windows and back again

any help would be muchly appreciated

Go into your BIOS and disable the onboard sound the option for mine is in the Intergrated Pheripheals.

Lilmuckers
07-30-2003, 11:20 AM
i hat thought of that

but reading your post made me suddenly think that there may be jumpers for it on the mobo

and indeed there was

so ta for the inspiration, t'works now