PDA

View Full Version : gtk themes?

slc
08-01-2003, 04:50 AM
Where does gtk get its color scheme from in knoppix?
Usually it's from ~/.gtkrc, but apparently it doesn't here, cuz I changed that and it didn't do anything.

Someone tell me where to put my themes so they'll be read?

Thanks,
sl

slc
08-01-2003, 09:12 PM
And I found the software.
But for some reason it's only applying to gimp and gkrellm, and not xchat and gaim. :(

slc
08-02-2003, 07:47 PM
I finally found the answer so I'll post it for future answer-seekers.

The key is that the versions of xchat and gaim included with Knoppix 3.2 use gtk-2.0, not gtk-1.x. So you must get gtk-2.0 themes, and symlink them from their location, to ~/.gtkrc-2.0. They will then apply to any gtk-2.0 applications you run.
(To do it with gtk-1.x themes, you just install to /usr/share/themes or whatever, and symlink from their location to ~/.gtkrc.)

OR you can get gtk-theme-switch *2.0* and install from source or a .deb package since it doesn't appear to be in the apt-archives (at least, not without adding new sources to the default list).

Stephen
08-02-2003, 07:59 PM
How about posting the line for the sources.list in case people want to do that to save someone the time and effort to find said line maybe even the URL to the source package and the .deb file also.

slc
08-05-2003, 10:11 PM
I haven't messed with adding sources yet.
I just changed the theme by hand.

So I don't know who has it, I just saw it on freshmeat so I know it exists. *shrug* sorry.