PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem with my Knoppix!

request
08-01-2003, 04:55 PM
Hi guys!
My problem said, when boot Knoppix my Knoppix said kernel is confused with root.
What is the problem?
Thx! :)

aay
08-01-2003, 08:03 PM
Hi guys!
My problem said, when boot Knoppix my Knoppix said kernel is confused with root.
What is the problem?
Thx! :)

Hi,

I moved your post out of the Tips and Tricks forum, because it really doesn't fit too well there.

We may need a little more info on your problem.

What exactly is your error message? Are there any other error messages you see? Kernel error messages can often occur becuase you have a bad cd image, or if your hardware is proving problematic.

To test for a bad cd, use the "testcd" cheat code when you boot up.

You can also use the "failsafe" cheatcode to use minimal hardware detection: that way you can see if something (usb, scsi, pci, etc ) is causing you problems.

request
08-04-2003, 10:03 AM
My HDD space is 20 GB Maxtor and I have bug on my hard disk, now space available is 19.40 GB.
I boot my Knoppix 3.2 with kernel "expert".
And this see my hardware (all) and two partition FAT.
My Knoppix said:
"FAT bad errors size=0
FAT bad errops size=0
Kernel panic: VFS: ....root erorrs.... 01:01"
Theat said my Knoppix! THX. :?

aay
08-04-2003, 02:46 PM
Hmm. Hard drive problems shouldn't be an issue when running Knoppix from the cd, unless Knoppix is trying to use swap space off of your hard drive where there are bad sectors. I'm not sure what else would be causing this problem.

shadowen2
08-04-2003, 11:36 PM
I think that in order to be effective at answering your question we need to know specifically what your setup is, what your error message is, and what you'r trying to do. If you can give us more information we might can help you.

request
08-05-2003, 12:02 PM
Other answer to my Knoppix 3.2:

Initrid extend Beyound end of Memory (0x06ff3a32>0x06ff0000)
Kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 01:01 (this answer my knoppix)

My Computer Hardware:
CPU AMD 850 Mhz Ram Dimm 128 Motherboard EagleTec
video onboard sunet onboard CD-rom LG 52x
HDD 20 GB Maxtor now 19.40 Gb. 2 partition First 25% to space HDD partition primary with WIN98SE and second partition with 75% to space HDD with partition Logical.
I think that is enough information. no? :D