PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at Boot: Command prompt

Sean
08-02-2003, 09:11 AM
Please can anyone help me.

I bought “Linuxurious Knoppix 3.2 (Download Edition) – 1 CD” recently. I am able to boot from CD and could see the Knoppix logo and background.

At the “boot:” command prompt, I hit enter( I also tried several other command given by the F2 Help menu).

I see “Loading vmlinuz……” and nothing happens for a long while. No other keys work and I need to restart the PC.

Please tell me what to do next. My PC is Pentium 3 and I am using a CD-R/RW drive.

Many Thanks.

Sean Lim

Dave_Bechtel
08-06-2003, 01:28 AM
Does ' knoppix 2 vga=normal ' work?

Please can anyone help me.

I bought “Linuxurious Knoppix 3.2 (Download Edition) – 1 CD” recently. I am able to boot from CD and could see the Knoppix logo and background.

At the “boot:” command prompt, I hit enter( I also tried several other command given by the F2 Help menu).

I see “Loading vmlinuz……” and nothing happens for a long while. No other keys work and I need to restart the PC.

Please tell me what to do next. My PC is Pentium 3 and I am using a CD-R/RW drive.

Many Thanks.

Sean Lim

Sean
08-15-2003, 10:14 AM
Dave, Thank you very much. I managed to run Knoppix on another Laptop. I am probably going to install Red Hat on this PC instead. Thanks again. Sean