PDA

View Full Version : Knopix, spellchecker and CD-R

hoeful
01-16-2003, 10:50 PM
Hi

I am a newbie to Knoppix. It strikes me as being the best distro I have tried. However, I have two problems:
1. The automatic spellchecker under OpenOffice and Kword marks all English words as being incorrect. I have checked the language, using the icon, checked the dictionaires and ensured all are English (the Icon shows a US flag) but it checks English as if it was a foriegn langauge!!!
2. My CD-r does not appear as an Icon on the desktop. Instead I have two CD-roms. I have a cd-rom and a CD-writer in my machine. Does this mean I cannot use my writter.

Cheers and thanks for all help

Hopeful

newby
01-17-2003, 07:36 AM
I can't help you with the second one but in OO go tools/options/languagesand make the settigs you wnat.

Dave_Bechtel
01-17-2003, 09:18 AM
--As root, issue ' cdrecord -scanbus ' and see what it says.

Hi

I am a newbie to Knoppix. It strikes me as being the best distro I have tried. However, I have two problems:
1. The automatic spellchecker under OpenOffice and Kword marks all English words as being incorrect. I have checked the language, using the icon, checked the dictionaires and ensured all are English (the Icon shows a US flag) but it checks English as if it was a foriegn langauge!!!
2. My CD-r does not appear as an Icon on the desktop. Instead I have two CD-roms. I have a cd-rom and a CD-writer in my machine. Does this mean I cannot use my writter.

Cheers and thanks for all help

Hopeful