PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix & Knode

netromancer
08-06-2003, 09:46 PM
Does anybody know if it's possible to use KNode (Newsreader) with Knoppix? I tried to install it in several ways, but it always fails due to broken packages and I wasn't able to install these packages too. Any idea how to do?

aay
08-06-2003, 10:52 PM
I assume you are installing onto a knoppix hd install. If using apt-get install knode doesnt work, try this apt-get install knode/unstable. If that doesn't work, try this apt-get -t unstable install knode. Hopefully one of those should work our your dependency problems.

netromancer
08-07-2003, 09:05 AM
Well, it seems to work using apt-get -t unstable. However, APT wants to remove some packages now:

The following packages will be REMOVED:
kdelibs4-dev libarts1-dev libartsc0-dev libpng12-0-dev libqt3-mt-dev

Are these packages important or should I continue anyway?

aay
08-07-2003, 04:34 PM
Ok, I wouldn't do that then. I don't normally go ahead with the -t unstable option if it is going to remove stuff. In general you can use this option and you won't run into this problem, but not in this case obviously.

netromancer
08-07-2003, 06:07 PM
Hmm, looks like I've to give Mozilla a try. :( But thanks for your help, anyway!

netromancer
08-08-2003, 06:20 PM
Update: It works. I had to compile it by myself, but the most complicated part was to find a source package.

eakinc
09-09-2003, 01:18 AM
>Update: It works. I had to compile it by myself, but the most complicated part was to find a source >package.

Tell us where you got the sources to compile. If it was hard to find throw us a bone!
ErikK