PDA

View Full Version : FAQ and tutiroal Request

Tech2k
11-13-2002, 02:32 AM
Hello all :)
Nice site Eadz.

I love Knoppix and it's the only OS I plan to run for a very long time.So far I have remastered the cd a couple of times and also re-remastered the "Kix" mini-iso from contribs on the mirrors so it would fit on my 210meg mini-cdr's.The info on the Knoppix forums helped me a lot but still took me a couple of weeks to figure out how to do.

I would like to request more detialed information on the remaster process and a frequently updated FAQ.Some step by step tutorials on this and other things like fixing the automount,language and swap problems after running the knx-hdinstall would be nice.

Lets really get into it and talk about useing the scripts such as knoppix.clean,knoppix.build,etc.as well as how to hack the boot image and splash screen and also have the index.html that runs when the cd is booted to show our own files such as Debian howto pdf's and our personal homepages.

I am now working on a version that will include no kde or gnome to see just how many things can be packed on a cd compressed live fs useing things like blackbox,xfm,pine,xed,xrn,xcdroast,bsdgames,bwbasi c,xpaint, and hundereds more.

I will get to work on some info myself but want to ask everyone to get involved in documenting some howto's and lets share ;)

Ken Burk

jtally
03-28-2003, 05:25 PM
It's probly a little late (4+ months since post) But hey I'll help as much as I can.

aay
03-28-2003, 06:41 PM
jtally

Tech2k was once a very active member in the Knoppix community but for several months now he has been MIA. This is quite sad since he was an invaluable help to many and alwyas active in the IRC channel. Several of us have speculated on what may have happened to him, but I hope he's alive and well somewhere.

Teck2k if you get this - we miss you! Come back!