PDA

View Full Version : AirSnort and Orinoco

Adam P
01-17-2003, 10:24 PM
I use knoppix on my Laptop and a Avaya (Orinoco Gold) Card. I get internet just fine and the "WaveMon" utility works good too, but when I go to AirSnort I can't seem to get it to start scanning Wireless Networks. Do the Drivers need to be patched so they can "monitor"? How Can I do This?

01-18-2003, 09:07 AM
I use knoppix on my Laptop and a Avaya (Orinoco Gold) Card. I get internet just fine and the "WaveMon" utility works good too, but when I go to AirSnort I can't seem to get it to start scanning Wireless Networks. Do the Drivers need to be patched so they can "monitor"? How Can I do This?

Get your head out of your ass and mind your own damn business. AirSnort is for criminals.

01-18-2003, 09:25 AM

Get your head out of your ass and mind your own damn business. AirSnort is for criminals.

I am not asking your opinion on what you think of it, I am asking what else I need to do to make it work. Anyway, i think i can TEST SECURITY to my own WIRELESS network.... RAIGHT ASSHOLE!? Anyway, why else would i need it for, dumbasses like you keep them open anyway...

01-19-2003, 11:00 AM
airsnort is not illegal regardless of what you're using it for, in the us wifi theft is completely legal in 49 out of fifty states, watch your ass if you're in pennsylavania, but otherwise you're cool.

mmaki
01-20-2003, 06:08 AM
Try setting Network Device to Any and Card type to Other.

Adam P
01-21-2003, 08:08 AM
Try setting Network Device to Any and Card type to Other.

Still nothing, It just will not go in to monitor mode. I believe some patching needs to be done to the drivers, but not sure how to do this.

For the Asshole:
If Airsnort is included in the Knoppix CD, then Im sure I can ask about it in this fourum.

adamm
01-21-2003, 11:50 PM
I have the same issue with my orinoco gold... and to the asshat... He didn't ask your opinion on the package, he asked a technical question about a package included in Knoppix. I want to use it to monitor my wireless network and make sure that the access points don't overshoot the range I need them for. It always helps to do a scan of the property if you install wifi equipment in a business. It can help you see just how far outside of the walls of the business these signals stretch.
And I do feel that the above poster is correct, that if the package is included in the distro, then I believe this would be the place to ask.

Just my 2 cents...