PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla, no resume for broken download ?

garyng
08-08-2003, 10:52 AM
Does any Mozilla user know why they don't implement this feature ? It is almost a must for downloading things like KNOPPIX and should not be too difficult to implement as both HTTP and FTP support this(if the server choose to).

rickenbacherus
08-08-2003, 01:32 PM
Maybe try out prozilla. It supports resume and can establish multiple server connections- it will greatly speed up your downloading.

apt-get install prozilla
apt-get install prozgui
prozgui

garyng
08-09-2003, 12:48 AM
thanks for the info. Seems like a nice program. The reason I asked about Mozilla is that it is easier to just click while browsing. I use wget for now but it is a bit cumbersome to copy and paste the long urls from browser to shell 8)

rickenbacherus
08-09-2003, 01:01 AM
You can also use prozilla like this:

proz ftp://whateverurl.org

Just right click the link you want, select "Copy link location" and middle click to paste. I really dunno why Mozilla does what it does- I like the faster download times of a download manager. On my cable connection I usually get 300kbps as an average dl speed. I have prozilla set to connect to 8 servers at a time. It dl's from all of them then assembles the pieces to form a complete file. Certainly nothing wrong with wget tho.