PDA

View Full Version : error when booting from a KNOPPIX_V3.2-2003-07-26-EN cd

Magio
08-11-2003, 03:22 AM
When de boot line appers i execute this command
knoppix lang = us

After looking of drives and hardware
then this screen appers

Welcome to the knoppix live linux-on-CD!

Accessing Knopixx CDROM at /dev/scd1... /modules/cloop.o : init_module:
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid io or irq parameters.
Can't find KNOPPiX filesystem, sorry.

Dropping you to (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit.

Additional bulitin commands available:
cat mount unmount
insmod rmmod ls mod

knoppix#

that's all

Any information on how can i get it to work would be great.

Thank you very much. :)

Stephen
08-11-2003, 04:25 AM
What cheat codes (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes) besides the lang=us have you tried I would suggest knoppix testcd to make sure the cd is good and just failsafe at the boot: prompt to boot with minimal hardware detection. Also some details on your hardware would be of some use in trying to help you.

Magio
08-11-2003, 06:31 AM
I tried failsafe and the same error happends

I tried test cd and a get this message
"Could no found kernel moduele" or somthing similar, i dont remember the exacts words.

Hope this information let u find the problem.

Thanks

Stephen
08-11-2003, 08:28 AM
If it failed the knoppix testcd then you have a bad CD you will have to re-burn the cd and you should check to see if the .iso image is good before you do that you can see FAQ Downloading (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqDownloading) for information on checking it.

Magio
08-11-2003, 09:18 AM
I have found that the cd is not the problem, because it worked on my fathers pc wich configuration is

motherboard asus a7n266-vm (has integrated video and sound cards)
chip athol xp 2.0 GHZ

The pc that i used before has a PIII 866 Hz chip on a soyo sy-7vba 133u motherboard with a geoforce 2 440 64mb

I also tried in this last computer fails safe and it didnt chaged nothing same error same screen, testcd wont work on both pcs.

Thanks

epdm2be
08-11-2003, 10:27 PM
I have the following errors at boot.

Error: one processor found.
hdc: lost interupt x2
hdd: lost interupt x2
hdc: lost interupt 1x
kernel BUG at ide-iops.c:1262!
invalid operad: 0000

then a lot more things like EFLAGS: 00010082 and some stack errornos.. It ends with a Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interupt handler! In interupt handler - not syncing. After which the system freezes.

I have this excact same error with the 2 last knoppix 3.2 iso's. Knoppix 3.1 works fine though. I've burned them with NEro and did an MD5 chechsum error (which gave mo errors).

This happens also in "failsave"-mode (this is obviously not a failsave after all).

Needles to say I'm very dissapointed at all in this "new " version...

My system ECS K7S5A mainboard (SIS735 c/s), SB PCI128 soundcard, DVDplayer (Pioneer 106) and Nec DVDRW 1100. I have 512MB Ram and an AMD XP2400 cpu. The videocard is an original Radeon (1) 64MB DDR vivo.

Nothing sppecial I think. I even burned a CD at 2x speed to no avail.

If this the way to introduce ppl into Linux then I think it'll fail misserably.

Perhaps a name change is in order eg. knopsux :-)

Sorry couldn't help it.....

Regards,

Manu T

fingers99
08-11-2003, 10:39 PM
Just a thought: try turning off Plug and Play OS in your bios (you can always turn it on again).

epdm2be
08-11-2003, 11:02 PM
Forget my previous post.

Disabling PnP in the bios doesn't help but booting with the noapic option does.

Regards,

Manu T

aay
08-12-2003, 06:26 AM
I have found that the cd is not the problem, because it worked on my fathers pc wich configuration is

motherboard asus a7n266-vm (has integrated video and sound cards)
chip athol xp 2.0 GHZ

The pc that i used before has a PIII 866 Hz chip on a soyo sy-7vba 133u motherboard with a geoforce 2 440 64mb

I also tried in this last computer fails safe and it didnt chaged nothing same error same screen, testcd wont work on both pcs.

Thanks

Well, I'm not sure the fact that it ran on another computer is a sure test that you don't have a bad cd. Different computers with different hardware configurations will most likely be accessing different sections of the cd during boot: thus a bad cd may boot on one computer and not another. It's worth following Stephen's advice and testing the cd.