PDA

View Full Version : OpenOffice: File->New menu in German. Where is it set ?

mack
08-12-2003, 07:46 PM
I noticed that OpenOffice's File->New menu is in German. Everything else is in English as expected. Anyone knows which file defines it ?

I know its a known-bug and probably been fixed in new versions of knoppix, but I'd like to fix it in a remaster based on an older version.

Anyone knows how this bug was/is fixed ?

kaplanfx
08-12-2003, 09:50 PM
the version of openoffice in knoppix seems to be the debian package openoffice-de-en or something similar, not the standard english openoffice package, so that may be a glitch in the package. I believe that package is used becuase klaus and most of the other developers (fabian?) are German (this is the reason there is a German CD, and why the keyboard default is German). If you have a HD install you can probably fix it by removing the openoffic-de-en package and installing the english version from apt.

mack
08-13-2003, 01:18 AM
I know the problem is in the openoffice-de-en package, but its still a bug I'd like to fix without replacing the package. (Thats because apt-get install openoffice.org seems to require a lot of packages I removed, such as gcc, which are not really needed for working with openoffice).

I found something in openoffice.org about this specific menu being hard-coded so its not controlled by the same file as others. I guess the maintainers of the german package hardcoded it into some file, but I can't seem to find that file.