PDA

View Full Version : Pliers + Knoppix != Edible

Tenebram
08-13-2003, 08:49 AM
I've got a bit of an interesting question here. I heard from a friend a while back that knoppix has a habit of sometimes slowing down a WinXP system after running, however that was several versions ago. I have searched the forums, searched the web, and read every document I can on Knoppix, but have been unable to find the current status of that problem. could anyone possibly point me in the direction of the resource that I might have missed or inform me of the current status of this problem?

Stephen
08-13-2003, 09:30 AM
I've got a bit of an interesting question here. I heard from a friend a while back that knoppix has a habit of sometimes slowing down a WinXP system after running, however that was several versions ago. I have searched the forums, searched the web, and read every document I can on Knoppix, but have been unable to find the current status of that problem. could anyone possibly point me in the direction of the resource that I might have missed or inform me of the current status of this problem?

I don't know where your friend got that "information" but it is incorrect. The only thing slowing down xp in operation would be MS itself and it's own software knoppix does not use the HD of your computer at all when booted from the CD it uses your RAM for a disk and when you re-boot there are no changes that have been made to the system. Perhaps you could provide a URL in your search of the web or anywhere else that has actual facts on this matter because if there is I have never seen it nor experienced this ( I have booted knoppix on at least a dozen different systems with no ill effects )or is this just the opinion of your friend.