PDA

View Full Version : Gericom 5in1 (with Ati Mobility Radeon 9000) doesnīt boot !

zblace
08-13-2003, 09:25 AM
I donīt know if Knoppix is heaving problem with graphics or what, but I can not pass the autodetecting of hardware.

Can someone update the drivers on knoppix?

Best ,
Z

Stephen
08-13-2003, 09:36 AM
I donīt know if Knoppix is heaving problem with graphics or what, but I can not pass the autodetecting of hardware.

Can someone update the drivers on knoppix?

Best ,
Z

A list of cheat codes (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/CheatCodes) one you may want to try is knoppix xmodule=ati at the boot: prompt maybe just failsafe all by itself to boot with minimal hardware detection.

zblace
08-14-2003, 03:23 AM
... everything else fails!

zblace
08-17-2003, 12:17 PM
... everything else fails!

However, all works now that it is installed on HD as proper Debian-anised linux system...

axel1973
08-27-2003, 03:25 PM
hi there!

Excuse me for my question in here. but im lost by searching for detailed hardwareinformation on that notebook. And where is better support and knowledge than in Linux Copmmunity?! :)

i got such a GERICOM 5in1 AK CLEVO 888E too and i need to know, WHAT hardware parts are build in with this thing. Like whar Graphics CPU, Sound, Chipsed and Bridges, Network, Mouse, IR, DVD and so on..

Does anybody have a complete detailed List of the internal hardware and vendors??

Or is somewhere a Software out, that scans and detects all types of hardware and displays it with the vendors and model name and type?

THANKS FOR ALL THAT WILL HELP!!!

Greets
Axel

zblace
04-11-2004, 04:25 PM
hi there!

Excuse me for my question in here. but im lost by searching for detailed hardwareinformation on that notebook. And where is better support and knowledge than in Linux Copmmunity?! :)

vendore website? :)

i got such a GERICOM 5in1 AK CLEVO 888E too and i need to know, WHAT hardware parts are build in with this thing. Like whar Graphics CPU, Sound, Chipsed and Bridges, Network, Mouse, IR, DVD and so on..

Does anybody have a complete detailed List of the internal hardware and vendors??

Or is somewhere a Software out, that scans and detects all types of hardware and displays it with the vendors and model name and type?

I have my notes on Wiki :
http://desk.org:8080/ASU2/know.hardware.laptops.gericom.5in1