PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting TTY Screen Resolution in Knoppix

unamiccia
08-14-2003, 05:32 PM
When I open a TTY in my hard drive installation of Knoppix I get a screen resolution of 128 characters by 48 lines. I prefer a lower resolution -- say, the 100 characters by 38 lines that I get from a Mandrake installation on the same computer, or even good old 80 x 24. There must be a simple way to adjust this, but my clue-searching thus far has been in vain.

Does anyone know the trick? Thanks!

Unamiccia

Dave_Bechtel
08-16-2003, 01:40 AM
-You mean opening up Konsole or Terminal in X, or Ctrl-Alt-F2? If the latter, you can go into /etc/lilo.conf and change the ' vga=' value. I use ' vga=ext ' for 80x50, but you can set it to ' normal ' for 80x25. Don't forget to run ' lilo ' before rebooting.

When I open a TTY in my hard drive installation of Knoppix I get a screen resolution of 128 characters by 48 lines. I prefer a lower resolution -- say, the 100 characters by 38 lines that I get from a Mandrake installation on the same computer, or even good old 80 x 24. There must be a simple way to adjust this, but my clue-searching thus far has been in vain.

Does anyone know the trick? Thanks!

Unamiccia

unamiccia
08-18-2003, 06:37 PM
Yes, I was interested in the "Ctrl-Alt-2" variety, and your advice solved the problem perfectly. Thanks, Dave!

Unamiccia